Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Cereal....

Before I left town this week, Matt mentioned that we were going to be out of cereal (this has turned into a capital offense at our house--along with being out of cookies), so I crammed a run to the store in among fifty other things that day...I'll admit I was slightly annoyed because we can NEVER keep enough cereal in the house (along with cookies, which I despise--cereal and cookies). I've had to think about where my growing distaste for cereal stems from---it could be that when I've offered to make my hubby a four course breakfast...he'll sit there and say "nah...I'll just have cereal"....hmmm okay; OR the amount of milk that is WASTED in cereal bowls day after day across this country...wasting a "top grocery item" (one that forces you to go to the store) has always been a capital offense in my book and since cereal is the main culprit...it has taken a bad rap.

Anyway...back to my quick cereal store run...I decided to make a silent statement and just load up on cereal--we're talking the entire cart. I dropped the bags on the counter at home and headed out of town. Later that night, I get a phone call from Matt informing me that we have plenty of cereal since he (making his own silent statement) decided to do some cereal shopping of his own before he came home.

The sad thing....this will probably last about a week and a half....

6 comments:

The Dinner Belle said...

I know it's just cereal, but those are some pretty nice pictures! And, I can sympathize with the cereal needs - my kids live on the stuff.

Anonymous said...

oo! cereal!? my fav! bring some to church 2morrow!
J/K
just joshin ya girl!

A said...

Hey, Holdsworths! Old friend of Matt here... Its been forever since I have seen Matt! Well Your Cereal stash looks just like ours and we don't have any kids who eat it yet, just two adults. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, etc. My excuse is that we only had nasty cereal growing up so now I'm making up for the deprivation. Say Hi to Matt for me. I bet he is pretty busy this time of year.

DRN said...

Oh no.... you don't take after your father one bit (sarcasm dripping)

The Melo's said...

I am glad to see TWO boxes of Fruity Pebbles! The best cereal of all. That has been my dinner for the past few nights, healthy, I know. I love your pictures of Jerome, very cool!

Dawn said...

that is sad, I hate cereal. My mom made us eat cereal on Sunday mornings so she could get ready for church, otherwise, it was hot and on the table, 6 days a week.