Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Rockin' at the Mesa Arts Center (In-depth)

Every now and then its fun (and very FUNKY) to breakout and shoot a bit differently...and I'm so glad that R & H let me do their shoot here. "H" and I didn't get to chat...way too crazy for that, but CRAZY is what works for me and family shoots (or so it seems :) We had ages 5 months to 15 years old...I think she and her hubby live the definition of CRAZY! (But they handle it so well ;) I thought I'd give everyone a "run-down" on the makings of a family photo session so either fast forward and check out the images...or enlighten yourselves.

First...everyone shows up--late (at least they "think" they are late, but I usually schedule about 20-25 minutes "earlier" than necessary to allow for the pre-shoot getting ready and in the car craziness!...I didn't just give that away did I?)

No one is quite sure what to do or what to expect when we start...but no one has any problem standing there and making a ridiculous face...(or posing like a GQ model in the oldest's case--and in that case I say "hey...just make sure you look good and everyone else can fend for themselves!"

Then after shooting some individuals (I'll save those for mom and dad and girlfriends :) we're getting good and warm...and I start to get some interaction and the result is MY IDEA (remember that will not be the "typical" posed family picture) of the ULTIMATE family shot: (don't worry, I'll take one or two nice and posed for the grandma's out there...I am an understanding soul...I also have a grandma--just don't expect it to ever be blogged!)
Life...capturing it...

I have to get a foot shot in (didn't you know that EVERY wall needs a foot shot...don't ask why...it just does!) However, this was the first time that my foot shot was pretty funky! I'll admit...I've never shot feet in ages of 5mo to 15yrs (and then some :) its a bit tricky--I could've cropped to show just feet, but then I thought..."this is their life...big and small" (pretty deep eh?...don't worry it gets lighter at the end!) Then we factor in some wrestling...not the bloody kind though....just some head-lock kind...harmless...really...

And then, much to the kids relief, we tell them to get lost and go and have some real fun! Hey... remember the foot shot above? well...second in line is some man/wife interaction..."H's" shoes and dress were SCREAMING out to be shot this way and so to quiet the voices in my head...I gave them some encouragement...Now when the photographer says "trust me"...you just do it!

NOOOOO...not laughing...(even though I'm laughing right now...looking at them laughing :)

Because...after you've gotten all four of those kids (I don't have to list their ages again right?) to bed...and you barely crawl into your own...you can look up on your nightstand and see this KILLER image (that should be submitted to Maxim or GQ or used to sell some cologne or somethin!#$$%^) and think 'Man...what a woman' OR 'Man...look at those jeans!'...kidding!

Oh and "R&H"...you do have some killer images--I just love posting the "non-norm" and lucky for me I know you love it too! Thanks for letting me make a "tutorial" out of you! I can't wait to see you again this month.

3 comments:

The Melo's said...

Meg, very cool pictures! How much should we be saving for our family picture once we get back to AZ. Everytime I look at your blog that is all I can think of, I would really love an updated family picture, but only you will do!

Anonymous said...

who's the tall cutie in the brown. haha. j/k i'm single for the rest of my life! good pictures though! ;)

The Dinner Belle said...

I'm so diggin' it! You know me well. I want to see more!