Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Children in the Gun Cabinet!!

Okay so Matt, in junior high, must've been forced to build something (you know...to carry on the family woodworking tradition) so instead of building gorgeous bedroom furniture (4 poster beds, dressers etc...) like his older brothers....he builds a gun cabinet. Hmmm...luckily we avoided having to "house" until last year when his mom and dad showed up and said "surprise! here ya go!"...oh joy :) so...it was pushed into this corner of the house and has since become a play cupboard of sorts...all the kids come over and like to shut themselves in it and stash food and clothes and dolls etc...McLaren has especially taken a liking to it and gets rather upset if the doors are open...(is it wrong to want to duct tape them shut while they're in there? like on a scale of 1-10? how bad is that thought?)

Laina in "classic pose" and McLaren...praying
(mis-interpretation of laina's pose)

I was only asking if it was wrong for me to want them to stay in there because... when they "get out of the cabinet" and you turn your head for approximately 4 minutes and 32 seconds...THEN your daughter yells out "MOM! McLaren's on the table!!" this is what you find....

He is currently going through more outfits than his sister per day...that is an incredibly hard task to accomplish!

8 comments:

The Melo's said...

Poor Meg, that is what you get for marrying into this family! Worthless peices of wood! I am glad to see what I have to look forward to when Kenzie gets older and can climb better. The look of joy on Mac Daddy's face is exactly like McKenzie's when she has finished ripping all of the wipes out of the wipe container. Something she is asked not to do about 20 times everyday. Anyway, thanks for the posts, it is an easy way to keep up with everyone!

Chy said...

When you say 1-10 does it mean that you have actually done this and then are asking about if they will need therapy because of it later in life?.. I hope you know that I am joking with you about is of course! you are so much better of a mom then I ever will be... someday. Hang in there and remember that we are all here for you!

Lynda Holdsworth said...

Here is your favorite M-I-L's comment: I hope that crazy cabinet doesn't tip over with them while they're playing. Maybe the father could anchor it to the wall. Just my sick mind looking for the worst thing that could happen!

megan said...

Lynda...I've had the same thought...but the thing is solid...it doesn't move! I've tried :)

DRN said...

That's too bad - I think I read somewhere that large cabinets falling on children's heads increases their math/science cognative abilities ten-fold

DRN said...

perhaps we should view Mac's "misbehavin" in a different light - he obviously loves the camera. Maybe his "face-painting" is a plea for mama to get out the camera.

Dawn said...

Tom says, Nice body art, Mac! Don't ya love that stage? Sorry about the gun cabinet-does Matt even hunt? I got a GORGEOUS queen sized bed, I just don't have it yet, somehow in a 2700 square foot house, there is no room. Maybe if I gave up the salon, we could have a guest room.

KIMBERLIN 6 said...

Those messy pictures are getting me all excited for more messes. As if I didn't have enough as it is!! Thanks for the reminder.