Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

In the closet...

So around here, the head of our household (a.k.a. Ebeneezer) likes to decree loud and clear that Christmas music should only be played during the month of December, WELL....whatever! I am proud to announce that as I hopped in the car tonight, by myself :), the thought occured to me, "XM has to have started their Christmas channels by now" and sure enough...I started off my "in the closet" music season with Wilson Phillips, "Silent Night"...can't get enough of "carne asada" wilson. You see, growing up...my father owned about 100 Christmas cds (NO EXAGGERATION--remember the grapefruit story?)...I'm sure that the collection is up to about 500...its one of his missions in life to own every Christmas cd out there...anyway, he would set up his cd player (no ipods back then) and stack the cds by it and just blast the puppy...the music also provided a nice background/drowning out noise for when he was yelling at everyone to hang the freakin' Christmas lights in a certain way (pardon the tangent).

I love Christmas music and only have to wait 2 more days before I can "come out", in the meantime I can settle for XM in the car.

3 comments:

Cristin said...

I also love listening to Christmas music. The cheesier the better. Lucky for me, my husband doesn't have an opinion on it.

The Melo's said...

Meg it's a Holdsworth thing! It wasn't aloud in our house until December so that is just the way it is:) I have to admit though that I like to listen to it before December now that I am in my own house. I was playing the Christmas hymns the other day on the piano and loving it! I do think matt could lighten up a bit though!

DRN said...

um - that situation sounds terribly familiar... Have you told hubby the Reader's Digest songbook story? That usually explains my attitude towards christmas music...