Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

More Dinty Moore please!

So the other night I knew Matt was going to be home late, so I opted to work instead of make dinner. So I had to come up with something really easy (ahhh! this must be how my mom and sister feel nightly! kidding...but maybe not really...) anyway I grab a can of Dinty Moore (SICK!), the only reason I have it is for "food storage", open it up, nuke it and put it on the table. I had some leftover hot dog buns (my kids only eat the dogs...no buns) so I spread some butter on them (anyone's mouth watering yet?) and put that on the table. Not more than 30 seconds go by and Laina starts praising her meal - "Oh man mom...this is the best! You're the best cook ever!!!" (she then got up from the table and came and gave me a hug). Then Indy starts in..."wow mom...you are so nice to make us dinner...thank you". Now you would think that I would be thrilled with these remarks...but here's the clincher - I made homemade beef stew 2 weeks ago....do you think anyone would even touch it???? NO! I wanted this meal to go unnoticed, but instead...they had 3 bowls. I told Matt--I'm thinking of thowing in the towel and alternating between dinty moore one night and hot dogs (without the buns) another :)

3 comments:

DRN said...

This just in.... kids are easy - no onions or tomatoes and they will slop it up!

Tia said...

ooh ooh I'll have to try that one - I can just see their reactions pretty freaken funny! And by the way the chicken spaghetti was delicious!

Cristin said...

Ew. That is gross. That reminds me of everytime I tell Erik I'm too tired to make dinner or he's on his own tonight and he gets really excited. He'll say, "Yes! I can macaroni and cheese!" Now that I'm figuring he'll eat that Annie's Mac and Cheese out of a box every night of the week if he could, I'm starting to cook less.