Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Ode to "Special K"

Mother's Day. I'm writing today to my mother "Special K"....or just.... "Kathy". I called her the other day to ask if there was anything she'd like for Mother's Day...knowing before I even dialed what her answer(s) would be--"No, I don't need anything" or... "I just want good kids" or (and this is a more recent addition--sorry to the rest of the siblings!!) "Your pictures are gifts enough" (heh heh...I think I finished that one for her, knowing it was right on the tip of her tongue.) She did throw in that she had just gotten herself her own mother's day present - a cordless trimmer and was all set to go and charge it--at least I tried right? It's not like the gift I got her (and gave a copy of to my sister) was totally laughed at by the aforementioned sister---but Laina and I did get a nice card, and sent it along with the gift, both of which will arrive late :)

I sat in church and listened to the talks on Motherhood--they were very nice and thought about my own mother who has been such an example for me as well as many others. It's been widely rumored amongst us earthlings that she has already secured some nice accomodations in the hereafter. She is a lover of books and I'm greatful for her sharing that passion with me...she is a lover of "doing the right thing"--which I have found does NOT always mean the "fun" thing or the "easy" thing and more often than not is the "uncomfortable" thing. She is a lover of music and I remember the best way to make her happy was to sit and play the piano while my sister and I sang (I do NOT sing, but it made her happy...she also does not sing...but it makes her happy :) Speaking of singing--the closing hymn in church today was "Love at Home"....I almost burst out laughing, but managed to contain myself as I heard the sound of my mother's voice singing over fighting and arguing children "There is beauty all around...when there's love at home...." It was a perfect song to sit and remember my mother who rather than get in the middle of an argument, would choose this song or "let us oft speak kind words to eachother..." anyone who saw my face had to wonder what the ridiculous grin was all about.

She also does NOT like to have her picture taken but when the camera was turned on her she DID THE RIGHT THING ('cause she knew my father would seriously be on her case :) and for that I am greatful...actually I should be greatful to my sister who took one little picture of my mom and I realized we needed like 50 more!!! So to my beautiful mother (who I look like more than my sister....) Happy Mother's Day--you are wonderful and we love you.
Here's your gift...on time!!! (the real one is in the mail :)
And if anyone (TIA) has a better quote I could've used (this one was selected after a long night around 11:30pm) then feel free to share it...and maybe I'll change it.

9 comments:

Tia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tia said...

So that made me cry, mom I didn't tell you that I had so many comments on that post I did on your visit everyone said how much they loved you!!

Brandi said...

Megan-that picture is great. You need to make another one and put Laina in Tia's spot(no offense Tia) so you have all 4 generations!
Also have to tell you I filled out the "Perfect Mother's Day" card you sent, and it worked!!!

PEHNelson said...

It would be impossible to count how many people love your mom! She is AWESOME!!!! And I think we all try to be a little bit like her.

Katie said...

Your mom is so pretty and sounds like a great person too. What neat pictures.

Gabriela Hull said...

I remember when I was a Beehive your mom came and did an activity for us. She brought blankets and red vines and her favorite poems. We sat on the blankets and ate red vines as she taught us to love poetry. I remember thinking that someday I wanted to instill in my children and perhaps a group of young girls that same love she showed us that evening. Even to this day, when I read a story or poem to my boys I secretly think I am Kathy Noble.

Sheri N. said...

Kathy looks great. She could be a grandma model!

Sabra said...

Kathy Noble is of the finest. From my YW Pesident to David's mom I have seen her do it all! She holds a special place in my heart! Tia and Megan are among the luckiest daughters I know!

cookie said...

Megan, those pictures of your mom are amazing. I got a little tear in my eye...Jill