Mega.Foto.Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7

Family. Fotos. Food. Friends. Fun.

never a dull moment. ever.

Schedule

HOLIDAY Sessions are Full. Taking appointments for February 2013.

Friday, August 29, 2008

When I was 12

My father bought a video camera.

He made copies for everyone of his children who could read. He put it in notebooks. We had to demonstrate that we all knew how to use the camera before he would let us start making movies with it. We thought we were soooo cool. I remember when we figured out how to superimpose images. We would write the title of our talkshow, music video, starsearch, or movie on a piece of paper--tape the paper to the wall and then superimpose it onto the camera so it looked like a movie title or credits.

A few of my more memorable videos would include:
*Sally Jesse Raphael (or was it Leeza) "Babies Having Babies"
*Star Search "Court vs. Jace" in the modeling category (Tia was Jace's stylist. Of course he won, but I still say that I had a more "masculine" subject and was dead from the get-go.)
*Obsessive songs w/Cristin and family "You'll Always be a part of Me" (Mariah Carey), and "Strange Currencies" (REM)
*Evita music videos with Tia
*Canterbury Tales for my English class
***Christmas Eve where the camera was left on to tape our family singing to my accompaniment of the Readers Digest Complete Christmas songbook (my father's idea).

I grew up living like I was always in a music video. In high school I drove a '76 CJ7 Jeep. It was the perfect music video machine. Any time I was singing in that thing I always envisioned a little camera attached to the windshield filming me. I had to restrain myself from jumping out at stoplights for a little dance sequence.

A few weeks ago my cousin Taylor introduced me (as always) to the "Flight of the Conchords" TV series. I had heard their songs before, but I was in awe that they were living my dream. My dream of being in one music video after another. I'm sure that many of you have seen the series, but allow me to share with you my favorite episode. #3. Make sure you listen to the part about the kid selling sneakers on the corner. I always wonder how many times it takes them to film this stuff with a straight face.



My videos were never this good.

6 comments:

Cristin said...

You failed to mention that many of those movies were made when you were IN COLLEGE! Ha ha.

I also love the Flight of the Conchords. "Business Time" is a classic in our family.

Sabra said...

We love Flight of the Conchords in this house. We were way into it last year and watched episode after episode until!

Are you familiar with Arrested Development?

Katie said...

Eric and I totally loved the video. I made plenty of "video" and definately thought I had what it took to be in a good video, but we never owned a video camera. That was probably a good thing.

megan said...

fine...cristin..some were in college!

and sabra...yes taylor...had made us watch seasons of arrested development :)

DRN said...

What, the monumental rendition of "Devil Went Down to Georgia" doesn't make the list?

Chredna said...

Sabra, I think you watch TV at our house! LOVES those shows!